Thymio is a small mobile robot defined as well as an educational tool as a tool. Its goal is to allow everyone to discover the facinating world of robots and technology by programming it and playing with its functionalities.
A robot ready out of the box!
Thymio comes out of its box already mounted, you won't loose one second before discovering it! How to turn it ON? Press three seconds on its top round button and that's it. Yes, it is that easy.
It comes with six pre-programmed behaviours. Each of these modes correspond to one colour. Friendly, in green it will follow your hand. Fearful, in red, it will try and flee you. Explorer, in yellow it will go discover its environment. It can also follow a line on the ground, follow order given by a remote controller or even react to sounds.
Discover Thymio through all its behaviours, it can already do a lot.
Program it with images. Discover programming in the easiest way thanks to Thymio's Visual Programming Language (VPL).
How does it work? It's really easy. Drag & Drop images blocks to the center of the screen, adjust them so that they do what you want, press Play, and that's it, you programmed your Thymio!
Program it with words
You already have done a lot of things with VPL, you will be able to do even more with Aseba Studio and its textual programming language.
Check the state of your Thymio, access all its sensors, create real-time plots, your imagination has no limit anymore.
You need a step between images and text? Thanks to ThymioVPL, you can program with the images and see the text code generated automatically! The code here on the left is the one generated with the VPL code above.
- Dimensions: 11x11.2x5.3 cm (box : 13.5x15x7.5 cm)
- Weight: 260 gramms
- Li-Po Battery: 3.7 V, 1'500 mAh, chargeable through microUSB port
- Autonomy: More than 2h (even more when you program it as long as it is plugged to your computer, thus charging)
- Max speed: 14 cm/s
- Wireless module Protocol: 2.4 GHz, protocole 802.15.4
- 9 Infra-red proximity sensors (Range about 10cm)
- 5 tactil buttons (capacitive technology)
- 1 three-axis accelerometer
- 1 thermometer
- 1 microphone
- 1 Infra-red sensor (Reception for remote controller)
- 1 Wireless module
- A Wireless Thymio robot
- A USB cable for charge and programming
- A USB dongle for remote programming
- A user manual
- 39 LEDs
- 2 DC motors bounded to the wheels
- 1 loud-speaker
Precautions of use
- Do not get it wet or get it under water
- The charging process has to be done with the supervision of an adult
- Contains small pieces. Not suitable for children under age 3.
- Thymio contains a LiPo battery. Keep it far from fire or any heat source.
- Has a hole in which you can place a pen to make it draw
- Can follow a line simply drawn on paper
- Has a hook to pull a waggon
- Has a microSD card reader to store sound, data (internal or external) or even a program
- Very resistant to shocks
- Can be charged with a USB-microUSB charger (for smartphone for example, not included) or just by plugging it to a computer
- Thymio can be used by everyone from 6 to 99 y.o.
Sofware: Download and install Aseba, plug your Thymio to your computer, start ThymioVPL and take your first steps as a programmer. https://www.thymio.org/en:start.